The five cities of North San Diego County recently gathered to unveil Innovate 78, an ambitious economic plan to drive businesses and jobs to the cities of Carlsbad, Escondido, Oceanside, San Marcos and Vista.
Innovate 78 is the collaborative outcome of five cities with a shared vision to boost economic growth along the 78 Corridor. Over 30 elected officials attended, including the five Mayors representing North County cities:
- Mayor Matt Hall, City of Carlsbad
- Mayor Sam Abed, City of Escondido
- Mayor Jim Wood, City of Oceanside
- Mayor Jim Desmond, City of San Marcos
- Mayor Judy Ritter, City of Vista
The Innovate 78 kickoff event also featured a panel of business leaders and a student from CSU San Marcos who discussed how local government and business will work together to bring continued prosperity to North County, an area home to startups in the life sciences, communications, and the craft brew industry. The diverse business community was on full display with the participating panelists:
- Donna Korn, Sonic Boom Wellness – Carlsbad
- David Cohn, Restaurateur, Cohn Restaurant Group – Escondido
- James Hedgecock, Founder and General Manager, Bounce Composites – Oceanside
- Kevin Hopkins, Chief Branding Officer, Mother Earth Brewing – Vista
Thank you to North County’s business and elected leaders who have made the region a hub of innovation that is driving talent and creative capital to the 78 Corridor.